On Monday, May 28, 2018, the Milwaukee Police Department investigated several shootings:
• Around 10:15 a.m., a 19-year-old woman was walking with a friend in the area of 8500 block of N. Servite Drive when an unknown suspect fired a gunshot from an unknown location. The female received a non-life threatening gunshot wound. She was conveyed to an area hospital by a friend. She is expected to survive her injury. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 12:10 p.m., an 18-year-old man was walking in the area of 100 E. Ring Street when a suspect fired several gunshots at him. The victim received a non-fatal gunshot wound. He was conveyed to a local hospital and is expected to survive. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 12:40 p.m., a 17-year-old male became involved in a confrontation with two subjects in the 2800 block of N. 38th Street. During the confrontation, one of the subjects retrieved a gun and shot the victim. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital where he is being treated for a non-life threatening gunshot injury. He is expected to survive. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 1:30 p.m., witnesses state a 21-year-old man collapsed after exiting a vehicle and running a short distance in the 3500 block of N. Humboldt Boulevard. Responding officers discovered the victim was suffering from a serious gunshot wound and was unresponsive. The Milwaukee Fire Department administered life support efforts, but unfortunately the victim died from his injuries. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 2:00 p.m., a 41-year-old man was walking in the area of 2000 W. Cleveland Avenue when he heard several gunshots being fired. He felt pain and realized that he was shot. The victim was conveyed to a local hospital and is being treated for a non-life threatening gunshot injury. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 5:30 p.m., the victim, an 18-year-old man, became involved in a dispute with another subject that quickly escalated into a physical fight in the 6900 block of W. Fiebrantz Avenue. After the fight, the victim was driving away in a vehicle when the suspect fired gunshots at him. The victim was struck by the gunfire and stopped his car in the 7300 block of W. Capitol Drive. The victim was treated by the Milwaukee Fire Department and conveyed to a local hospital. He is expected to survive his injuries. The suspect(s) is unknown at this time.
• Around 8:15 p.m., officers responded to a non-fatal shooting in the 1400 block of N. 39th Street. The investigation revealed that a couple had been arguing off and on throughout the day. The argument escalated and the suspect retrieved a firearm and shot the victim. The victim, a 32-year-old woman, received a non-life threatening gunshot injury. She was conveyed to a local hospital. MPD is seeking a known suspect.
• Around 9:35 p.m., the Milwaukee Police Department responded to a residence in the 2600 block of S. 8th Street to investigate the suspicious death of a 55-year-old man. Circumstances leading up to the victim’s death remain under investigation. Foul play is suspected; therefore, MPD is investigating the death as a homicide.
Source: Milwaukee Police News